Author Topic: UK Streaming Rights  (Read 131 times)

Offline Sao Paulo

• Team Leader
    • TVLR Facebook Page
  • BBC TV Licence: No
UK Streaming Rights
« on: December 31, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
I was reading something today that got me thinking so I done a little testing and was shocked, UK streaming rights aren't that simple.........I just tested the STV catchup and got this message

This programme is only available in the STV Broadcast Licence Regions and your postcode indicates that you're located elsewhere.

:chinscratch: :unsure:

And yes I got around it with a Scottish postcode but even so that can't be right
Appreciate the help and help information found here.  Why not tell your friends and family so they know their rights when it comes to BBC TV Licensing……………….you know it makes sense

Offline Roy Stirred-Oyster

• Respected Member
  • Legally Licence Free since 2005.
Re: UK Streaming Rights
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 05:57:40 PM »
Seems illogical to me, but I'm no expert on these matters. But how did they know your postcode?
LLF – It’s The Unique Way I’ve Removed Your Funding.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

£2010.50 TV Tax saved to date. (Updated 30th April 2018).

Offline Sao Paulo

• Team Leader
    • TVLR Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 06:52:53 PM »
They ask for it but my point is any streaming rights should be UK based not England, Scottish or Wales
Appreciate the help and help information found here.  Why not tell your friends and family so they know their rights when it comes to BBC TV Licensing……………….you know it makes sense

Offline nontvtaxpayer

• Respected Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 07:11:08 PM »
Blame the fish woman, she don't like brexit, she don't like being in the union, probably don't like the rest of the UK to see what's on STV. but she would like another indy ref.

Offline Roy Stirred-Oyster

• Respected Member
  • Legally Licence Free since 2005.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 11:29:06 PM »
They ask for it but my point is any streaming rights should be UK based not England, Scottish or Wales

Got it!
LLF – It’s The Unique Way I’ve Removed Your Funding.

£2010.50 TV Tax saved to date. (Updated 30th April 2018).

Offline jimspurn

• Respected Member
  • LLF and Proud of it.
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »
I was reading something today that got me thinking so I done a little testing and was shocked, UK streaming rights aren't that simple.........I just tested the STV catchup and got this message

:chinscratch: :unsure:

And yes I got around it with a Scottish postcode but even so that can't be right

STV Central Ltd is the ITV franchise for Central Scotland, the ITV don't like overlap of regions. :biggrin:

STV serves central and northern Scotland. Within STV, Scotland is split into two regions and four sub-regions. Networked and regional programming is the same in both regions, apart from regional news and advertising. Within both regions, there are further opt-outs providing sub-regional news and commercials.

Lets be clear on this BBC, I do not condone breaking the law.... Subscription is your future...... My Firewalls block all things BBC...So do you feel lucky - Goon....

Offline tommy45

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 06:05:57 PM »
Blame the fish woman, she don't like brexit, she don't like being in the union, probably don't like the rest of the UK to see what's on STV. but she would like another indy ref.
The Wee Jimmy crankie lunatic, wants independence also but wants Scotland to remain in the EU, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: