Author Topic: Step out of the car!  (Read 167 times)

Offline jimspurn

• Respected Member
  • LLF and Proud of it.
  • BBC TV Licence: No
Re: Step out of the car!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 12:03:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Vehicle insurance is a monopoly, because it is a legal requirement, Boat insurance in the UK is NOT a legal requirement, and one of the first benefits you notice is an agreed valuation, in the event of a total loss claim they pay, in most cases the purchase price and any upgrades you may have undertaken,allowing you to replace your vessel on a like for like basis, vehicle insurance by stark contrast pays what the insurer deems to be the market value and most of the time uses "trade" values not retail values, having said that I note some vehicle insurers now offer a replacement vehicle, or pay more towards an upgrade, but this is not common practice.

The car insurance industry is like swimming with sharks, you know you MUST go into the water, no matter how one sided. :sad:
Lets be clear on this BBC, I do not condone breaking the law.... Subscription is your future...... My Firewalls block all things BBC...So do you feel lucky - Goon....

Offline nontvtaxpayer

• Respected Member
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 12:10:50 AM »
The car insurance industry is like swimming with sharks, you know you MUST go into the water, no matter how one sided. :sad:

Then stay in the boat :biggrin:

coat on, leaving building.

Offline jimspurn

• Respected Member
  • LLF and Proud of it.
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 12:37:25 AM »
Then stay in the boat :biggrin:

coat on, leaving building.

I wish,  :smile:
But see how our beloved governments didn't make that a legal option, there is no slice in it for them otherwise.
Lets be clear on this BBC, I do not condone breaking the law.... Subscription is your future...... My Firewalls block all things BBC...So do you feel lucky - Goon....