Author Topic: TV Licensing Government Petition  (Read 2041 times)

Online nontvtaxpayer

• Respected Member
  • BBC TV Licence: No
Re: TV Licensing Government Petition
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2018, 09:40:40 AM »
Most of you have read my whitterings about this before, but just in case new members haven't here they are again,

Regardless of which hue has the most seats in the 650 selected by us, they are selected by us to give the illusion of being represented in the running of our country, if voting actually changed anything the establishment would not allow it, the BBC IS part of the establishment and central to elections, they cover every millisecond of general elections, the corporation is the very mouthpiece of Government, they need it to be inside as many homes as possible and we have to pay for it.

Successive Governments try to give the illusion that the BBC is independent, impartial, and the purveyor of truth, it really came into it's own in 1939-45 it had no competition, there was only the BBC, and the establishment liked it that way, they passed laws to stop anyone broadcasting a choice, there was the guy based in France broadcasting the establishment hated that, then in more recent times, the pirate radio ships, the establishment boarded them and tried to shut them down.

Then in '68 they realised they were on a loser, so they hired pirate radio DJ's and started BBC radio one to win over the younger listener from the pop music of the pirates, but still wanted to censor what was broadcast with sometimes disastrous results, shooting banned records straight to No1 overnight, that's how stupid their management were/are.

IMHO the only way to defeat the TV tax is civil disobedience, non payment of the tax, the downside, if this strategy works, is what the establishment replace the tax with, as alluded to above, an in your face levy that can't be avoided, because they can, and they don't want to lose control of the air waves, you will be brainwashed, it's what the establishment want and need.

Online jimspurn

• Respected Member
  • LLF and Proud of it.
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2018, 10:14:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think that 3) would be the preferred option for all of the BBC 'trough-feeders' including MP's who benefit from it indirectly as well.. (like Diane Abbapottomas).

Brexit has further undermined my faith in Government.
I cant understand how quite a numbe MP's are willing to act directly against a 'Democratic' decision expressed by the 'people' and ar trying to 'frustrate' it's outcome.

My conclusion is, that even if there was an overpowering referendum decision AGAINST the BBC's TVL, that self-serving MP's would strongly frustrate the will of the people.  :sad:

My 'faith' in the Government has never existed, there are simply two many self interested parties vying for power and position to make gov work effectively for the people.

Brexit was always going to be a problem when the people voted to leave against the 'will' of the establishment, so they will always try and sabotage the outcome to achieve a 'I told you so'
HMG seems to be appeasing their EU masters rather than the people of the UK.

So, I agree with you on your thoughts regarding the BBC and any referendum.

Cameron was betting that we would vote stay.... the rest is history.....

A article in the “Voice of the People” column published in the Lowell Sun in September 1976 and written by Robert S. Borden:

“Has it ever dawned on the editors that the attitudes of the 70 million projected non-voters may be very consistent with the reality that the concept of voting and electing representatives is basically dishonest and fraudulent. If voting could change anything it would be made illegal! There is no way any politicians can legally represent anyone because he was elected on a secret ballot by a small percentage of voters. He then claims to represent the people who voted against him and even those who wisely chose not to participate in such criminal activity.“

Lets be clear on this BBC, I do not condone breaking the law.... Subscription is your future...... My Firewalls block all things BBC...So do you feel lucky - Goon....

Offline M.Shakey

• TVLR Team
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 11:52:25 AM »
IMHO the only way to defeat the TV tax is civil disobedience, non payment of the tax, the downside, if this strategy works, is what the establishment replace the tax with, as alluded to above, an in your face levy that can't be avoided, because they can, and they don't want to lose control of the air waves, you will be brainwashed, it's what the establishment want and need.

:clap:

I have listened to your 'witterings' over the years.... very intelligent and 'relevant' if I may say so.

I have highlighted in bold.... yes.... this is EXACTLY what will defeat this Broadcasting-Poll-Tax....(as it did the 'other' Poll-Tax)... but as usual, the 'Powers' have it all 'sewn-up' so that we can even PREACH civil-disobediance..( non-payment ).....

BECAUSE.....

'they' have made non-payment of this TAX a CRIMINAL offence, which also makes it a CRIMINAL offence for people to 'incite' others not to pay it.

This strategy mans that nobody can support nor encourage 'evaders'... (IMHO our closest 'allies').
Just cut or remove your aerial cable....NO SIGNAL.......NO CONVICTION.....

Offline Roy Stirred-Oyster

• Respected Member
  • Legally Licence Free since 2005.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2018, 04:22:26 PM »
The BBC could easily sell millions of subscription around the World and rake the money in. But  they won't because it would mean embracing commercial disciplines and accountability.

Ideally, a broadcaster should be a combination of 'creatives' and technocrats/businessmen, but the BBC is run by academics, humanities graduates with a strong sense of moral and intellectual superiority.

They truly do believe that they have a mission to mould the minds and attitudes of the proletariat in their own likeness.
LLF – It’s The Unique Way I’ve Removed Your Funding.

£2010.50 TV Tax saved to date. (Updated 30th April 2018).